With the pandemic getting closer to endemic status, marketers are shifting their attention to an increasingly likely recession. In a recent survey, 85% of US-based CFOs thought we were already in a downturn and 61% expected it to last at least 6 months. And when CFOs get nervous, marketing budgets get cut. Are you as ready as you could be? Use this calculator to find out where you stand relative to your peers and how you can get ahead of your competitors.
Based on conversations happening at CMO Huddles, we've sorted recession-preparedness into 4 buckets, which you can get a sneak peek of below. Take the full calculator quiz to get a personalized recession-proofing plan.
- Are you a must-have or a nice-to-have brand?
- Is ROI baked into your product?
- Do you have a CAB?
- What % of customers actually refer you?
- Are you hugging your customers?
- Do you have customer case histories?
- Are you trying to create demand, or capture it?
- Can you correlate marketing and revenue?
- Do you have a C-Suite blessed predictive demand gen model?
- What's your balance of people, programs, and MarTech?
- Are you making big budget commitments?
- Do you have a % of your budget set aside for experimentation?
- How much credibility have you built internally?
- Do you prioritize building strong C-Suite relationships?
- Have you surveyed your employees?
- Do your employees love your brand?
To create a calculator like this for your business, check out the no-code SaaS platform, Outgrow.